The following templates, tutorials and presentation slides can help you begin the process of crafting a resume.
- Resume Writing Presentation: This PowerPoint covers information that is useful for creating a resume.
- Resume Template: This template serves as a guide to building and formatting your resume.
- Cover Letter Template: A cover letter may not be necessary for every job application, but this download serves as a template for drafting a cover letter.
- References Page Template: This downloadable document will help you format a references page.
- Military Skills Translator: Using O*NET, you can use your Military Occupation Classification (MOC) to identify similar occupations in the civilian workforce.
If a resume is your written marketing tool, a value proposition is your verbal marketing tool. Learn how to impress hiring managers and networking contacts with an introduction that emphasizes your value and experience.
- What is a Value Proposition? This document outlines the importance knowing your value proposition.
- Writing Your Value Proposition: This document serves as a guide for crafting a value proposition.
- Interviewing Best Practices: This presentation outlines best practices for interviewing.
Leveraging your contacts to expand your professional circle is key in any job search.
- LinkedIn: The largest professional network in the world with over 300 million users, LinkedIn is a valuable resource to network and build professional connections. Hire Heroes USA can help you navigate this professional networking site and provide tips on building a professional and effective profile. Here is a LinkedIn Tutorial to get you started.
- Networking and Your Job Search: This PowerPoint highlights the importance of networking and how to leverage your network while searching for a job.