National nonprofit marks Labor Day with release of inaugural Hire Heroes Report
In connection with the Labor Day holiday, Hire Heroes USA is releasing its Hire Heroes Report, a new resource that is aimed at providing added insight on the issue of veteran employment, especially as it applies to post-9/11 veterans, who make up the majority of the clients we assist.
Hire Heroes USA, which is now in its 11th year, has assisted more than 27,000 transitioning military members, veterans and military spouses into new careers in the civilian workforce, and it will reach the milestone of 30,000 before the end of the year.
This edition of the Hire Heroes Report is based on an extensive and detailed analysis of data collected from more than 19,000 military members, veterans and military spouses who signed up for services in 2017. Among this group of men and women were nearly 12,000 job seekers, each of whom was paired one-on-one with a Hire Heroes USA Transition Specialist.
Key observations include:
- Hire Heroes USA’s client base exceeds the U.S. military in racial and gender diversity, and – on average – reports higher levels of education than their peers in the military
- U.S. states with strong job centers attract high inbound migration from the job seekers
- The majority of Hire Heroes USA clients meet or exceed their desired salary
“We are excited to release the inaugural edition of this report,” said Hire Heroes USA CEO Christopher Plamp, a decorated Air Force combat pilot. “It’s a testament not only to the scale that Hire Heroes USA now operates, but to the success we’ve had in doing what we do – getting transitioning military, veterans and military spouses into jobs.” He stressed, “The true measure of our impact is the difference we make in the life of every individual who seeks our assistance.”
- Valentine’s Day: Volunteer Spotlight on Jim and Ruth - February 14, 2019
- Hire Heroes USA Announces 30,000 Veterans Hired into Meaningful Jobs - February 1, 2019
- Volunteer Spotlight: Guy - January 16, 2019