Information We Collect
As you browse our Site and whenever you communicate with us, we collect data. We may collect personally identifiable information (PII) online and offline, only when you have voluntarily provided such PII to us (e.g., through registration, contact inquiries, etc.). PII may include:
• Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
• Telephone number (including home and mobile phone numbers)
• Email address
• Credit and debit card number
• Profile picture
• Social media account ID
• Country of residence
As a general rule, we use PII only for the purpose for which you have divulged the data to us, such as to answer your inquiries or to grant access to password protected portions of the Site. We may also collect information concerning you, including, but not limited to, the kind of product or service you are seeking from Hire Heroes USA. Because we do not track our Site users over time and across third- party websites, we do not respond to browser do-not-track signals.
Our web servers and/or the Analytics Technologies may collect and store the following general information about you: the originating name of the domain from which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the Site; the pages of the Site you visit; your search queries; the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to us; and the type of device, device ID and web browser you use to access the Site. This information is collected automatically. It is used to help us improve the Site by tabulating the number of visitors to the Site in terms of new users, origin of referrers, popularity of pages, amount of use, types of errors, and to make the Site more useful to you.
Our web servers and/or the Analytics Technologies may also collect Internet protocol addresses (the Internet address of a computer or other electronic device) to track a user’s session while the user remains anonymous. We analyze this data for certain trends in statistics, such as which parts of the Site users are visiting and how long they spend there.
How We May Use Personal Information
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use Personal Information to:
- • Present the Site and its contents to you
• Provide you with the services, products or information you have requested
• Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it
• Keep you up to date with the work you are supporting
• Keep a record of your relationship with us
• Administer your donation
• Ask for financial and non-financial support
• Understand how we can improve our services, products or information
• Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us
• Send you tailored communications and display relevant ads which we think will be of interest to you
• Send you marketing materials including on fundraising, campaigning and events
• Invite you to events and to take part in campaigns and support our advocacy work
• Analyze our database for statistical purposes, and to better communicate with you about things we think will be of interest; Note that this is on a generic rather than an individual level to ensure that our communications are cost effective
• In limited circumstances, analyze the personal information we collect about you and use publicly available information to better understand your interests, preferences and level of potential donations so that we can contact you more effectively and be better prepared in special circumstances when we may meet with you
- • Present the Site and its contents to you
With Whom We Share Your Information
When reasonably practicable, Hire Heroes USA will attempt to respect your privacy. We do not rent or sell your PII to outside marketers. Hire Heroes USA may share your information:
- • To our partners, our approved vendors, and their service providers
- • To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other similar services
- • To third-party sponsor contests and similar promotions
- • By you, on message boards, blogs, profile pages and other services to which you are able to post information and materials; Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to users of the Site and to the general public; We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Site
- • To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our operations, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
We may also use and disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Protection of Minors
Hire Heroes USA does not intend to collect data about visitors of our website that are younger than 16 years old. However, we cannot check the age of the visitors of our website. If you think we have collected data of a minor without parental permission, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can delete this information.
How We Keep Your Data Secure
We have appropriate physical, technical and managerial controls in place to protect your personal information; for example, our online forms are always encrypted, and our network is protected and routinely monitored.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. While we hope it will never happen, we have procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are required to do so.
When we use external companies to collect or process personal data on our behalf, we undertake due diligence on the companies before we work with them and put a contract in place that sets out our expectations and requirements, including securely keeping and using your data.
Our website may from time to time contain links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Despite all of our precautions however, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. So, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose to us and so wish to draw your attention that you do so at your own risk.
Access and Update Your Information
We appreciate when you let us know if your contact details change. If you have any questions about PII that may be retained by Hire Heroes USA, you may contact us at email@example.com. Upon your request, Hire Heroes USA will provide to you the PII under its control, if any, as well as information about the ways in which that information is being used and disclosed. Hire Heroes USA only collects PII for the purposes of providing you with products and/or services that you requested from us and the support of those products and/or services. Hire Heroes USA will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that PII we may be using, or disclosing is accurate and complete.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is collected, which may include the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. If you request that we stop sending you marketing materials, we will keep a record of your contact details and the appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us.
When we anonymize or delete your data, we will ensure that it is no longer identifiable to you. We may keep anonymized data for future analysis on aggregated data so that we can understand our supporters and clients better. This may be for research or statistical purposes, or for any other purpose, and we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of PII to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that Hire Heroes USA does not disclose PII to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Updates to this Policy
This policy was last updated April 2019.
We may amend or update this policy at any time to take account of any changes to data protection law or other legislation. When updates to the policy are made, they will be posted on this page, so you may wish to check this policy each time you submit personal data to us.
If you have any questions, please contact us using the details below:
Mail: Hire Heroes USA, 1360 Union Hill Road, Bldg. 2, Suite A, Alpharetta, GA 30004