Welcome to the website (“Site”) of Hire Heroes USA.
These are our terms and conditions for using our website to which you agree in full. You expressly agree to and consent to be bound by all of the terms of this agreement.
This Site is offered and available to users who are 16 years of age or older. If you do not agree to all of the terms of this agreement and the privacy notice, you do not have Hire Heroes USA permission to access, view or use any part of the Site. Any such unauthorized use violates Hire Heroes USA rights in the Site and is prohibited.
1. Hire Heroes USA
Hireheroesusa.org is a Site designated to aid in our mission to empower U.S. military members, veterans and military spouses to succeed in the civilian workforce. In the scope of accessing this Site, you, as a user, may read, upload, and share content for personal computers and mobile devices that access the Internet.
The Site may include links to websites that are owned or operated by third parties. If you choose to use such links to access such sites you agree to review and accept their rules of use before using them. You access the third-party sites at your own risk. Hire Heroes USA does not assume any responsibility for material created or published by such third-party sites. By providing a link to a third-party site Hire Heroes USA does not imply that it endorses the site or the products or services referenced in that third-party site.
You may access areas of the Hire Heroes USA Site that require registration by becoming a registered member and creating an account with us. You agree to be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords or other account identifiers which you choose and all activities that occur under your account. Any false identification or e-mail address or otherwise misleading information about your identity is strictly forbidden. Further you agree to the following:
(i) You will take reasonable measures and all due care to protect your password and username against misuse by third parties.
(ii) You will not create registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the Site, or other users; nor will you seek to pass yourself off as another user.
You agree to notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or account identifiers by others.
More information about the registration process can be found here.
3. Termination of Registration
If you no longer wish to have a registered account, you may terminate your account by sending an email via https://www.hireheroesusa.org/contact/.
If, for any reason, we believe that you have not complied with these terms and conditions, we may, at our sole discretion, cancel your access to the registration areas of Hire Heroes USA immediately and without prior notice.
We may terminate your registered account, at our sole discretion, by emailing you at the address you have registered stating that the agreement has terminated.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
As between you and Hire Heroes USA, Hire Heroes USA is the holder of all the rights relating to the Site. All content is for your personal, informational, non-commercial use only. All trade names, trademarks and service marks appearing on the Content are protected by Hire Heroes USA or respective third-party owners. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
You agree not to remove any copyright or other proprietary notices if printing Content for your personal and non-commercial use, and not further reproduction, publication or distribution. You also agree not to reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on our Site, except that your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials, and You may store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes.
5. Submissions of User Content
We may include features on the Site that allow you to share your Content with us and other users of the Site. Please note that by sharing Content through the Site, your Content may become publicly accessible.
You are solely responsible for any submission of User Content and you agree to acquire any consents, permissions or licenses needed as required by these Terms and Conditions. You grant to Hire Heroes USA non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license, without compensation to you: (a) to use, reproduce, distribute, adapt (including without limitation edit, modify, translate, and reformat), derive, transmit, display and perform, publicly or otherwise, such Content, in any media now known or hereafter developed, for Hire Heroes USA’s business purposes, and (b) to sublicense the foregoing rights, through multiple tiers, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. The foregoing licenses shall survive any termination of your use of the Site for a reasonable period thereafter.
For all of the Content you share through the Site, you represent and warrant that:
- You have all rights necessary for you to grant these licenses set forth in this section,
- Such Content, and your provision or creation thereof through the Site, complies with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and does not infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party, and is furthermore free from viruses and other malware.
- Your comments and replies are civil and on-topic and to the extent permissible by law, irrevocably waive any “moral rights” or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding each item of user content that you submit.
Please note that we do not solicit or encourage submissions of Content containing ideas or suggestions relating to the Site or our business. If you send us any ideas or suggestions, regardless of the topic, we will have no obligations with respect to such ideas or suggestions and may use them for any purpose whatsoever.
Any User Content which does not comply with the foregoing is strictly prohibited. Hire Heroes USA expressly disclaims any liability arising out of or relating to the User Content.
Hire Heroes USA may remove any User Content that in the sole judgement of Hire Heroes USA violates these Terms and Conditions or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights of, or harm or threaten the safety of, any person.
6. Prohibited Uses
You are solely responsible for any and all of your acts and omissions that occur when using the Site, and You agree not to engage in unacceptable use of the Site, which includes, without limitation, use of the Site to:
- violate federal, state, local or international law or regulation, or generally accepted practices or guidelines in relevant jurisdictions;
- transmit unsolicited messages, chain letters, email, or other unsolicited commercial communications
- transmit or introduce any spyware, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, keystroke loggers, rootkits, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful to the Site (or the servers, networks, and databases which are connected to the Site);
- copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, eater egg, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to the Site without Hire Heroes USA express written consent;
- access (or attempt to access) the Site by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Hire Heroes USA;
- gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, disrupt or circumvent any of the security features of any part of the Site (or the servers, networks, and databases which are connected to the Site);
- access (or attempt to access) the Site through any automated means (including use of scripts or web crawlers);
- engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Site (or the servers, networks, and databases which are connected to the Site);
- impersonate or attempt to impersonate Hire Heroes USA, a Hire Heroes USA employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing);
- engage in any other activity deemed by Hire Heroes USA to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of this Agreement.
7. Data Protection
8. Limitations of Liability
While we endeavor to maintain accurate and up-to-date information on this Site, you acknowledge that this Site and all Content, information and materials made available through this Site are provided to you “as is” without any express warranties or representations of any kind.
Under no circumstances shall Hire Heroes USA be liable to you for any indirect incidental, consequential, special, punitive or other damages for any matter arising from or relating to this agreement, use of or inability to use the site and service even if the possibility of such damages has been advised.
Some states and jurisdictions do not allow exclusion or limitation of certain warranties or limitations of liability, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Our liability is in such case limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
If you are dissatisfied with the Site, your sole and exclusive remedy shall be for You to discontinue use of the site.
These Terms and Conditions are effective as of April 2019 and are valid until further notice. We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time in our sole discretion. Such changes shall become effective upon posting a notification on this Site and you agree to be bound to any and all of the changes when you use the Site.
You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions. Hire Heroes USA shall have the right to assign these Terms and Conditions or its rights and obligations hereunder to a third party without your prior written consent but may not be assigned by you without Hire Heroes USA prior written consent.
This Site is operated by:
Hire Heroes USA
1360 Union Hill Road, Bldg. 2, Suite A
Alpharetta, GA 30004
If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be illegal or unenforceable, then such provision will be enforced to the maximum extent possible and the other provisions will remain fully effective and enforceable.
14. Governing Law
No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder will be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
Any heading, caption or section title contained herein is inserted only as a matter of convenience, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof.
Hire Heroes USA unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.