Congratulations, Sanford Health!
Hire Heroes USA’s employment Diamond Partner Sanford Health is recognized as one of 15 recipients of the 2020 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award! The SECDEF Employer Support Freedom Award is the highest U.S. government award honor to an employer for their support of National Guard and Reserve employees. The 2020 recipients were selected from 2,623 nominations received from Guardsmen and Reservists highlighting how their civilian employers went far beyond what the federal law requires to support them.
Not only was Sanford Health recognized as a recipient of the Employer Support Freedom Award, they were also ranked #42 by Military Times in their 2020 survey for “Best for Vets: Employers” and they were designated a 2021 Military Friendly® Employer. The ranking determination for the “Best for Vets” comes from a comprehensive survey of the country’s best employers and organizations with military-connected employment programs, benefits and support efforts. Check out Military Times scoring of Sanford Health. The MilitaryFriendly.com designation is in recognition of Sanford Health’s creation of a true and measured economic opportunity for veterans. Only a select group of the Nation’s employers receive this designation
Sanford Health continues to go above and beyond to support veterans, service members and their families, whether they are patients or employees of Sanford Health. Want to learn more about what all Sandford does?
- Exceptional Care for Patients:
- Sanford Veterans Clubs: Sanford Health’s medical centers in Fargo, North Dakota, and Sioux Falls, South Dakota, welcome patients with military experience. Sanford’s Veterans Clubs are private, peaceful places with coffee, computer access and lounge areas featuring game tables and TV. Learn more about these amenities.
- Veteran Ambassador Program: Sanford Health actively seeks out volunteers with a military background for the Veteran Ambassador Program. These volunteers visit veteran patients to help make them feel at home during their hospital stays. Learn more about this program.
- Veteran Hotline: The Sanford Veteran Information Hotline provides veterans with a single point of contact for questions. Call (800) 949-1848 to reach the hotline.
- Sanford Chip: Veterans are eligible to take the Sanford Chip DNA test for free. Learn how genetic testing benefits veterans’ health.
- Opportunities for Veteran Employees:
- Continuation of Benefits: Servicemen and servicewomen can continue their employment benefits during qualified military deployments.
- Differential Pay Policy: Sanford Health employees who are members of the National Guard or Army Reserve receive supplemental compensation during qualified military deployments of up to 12 months.
- Education Scholarships: Veterans or military service members are eligible to apply for a $5,000 scholarship from Sanford Health.
- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR): Sanford Health CEO and President Kelby Krabbenhoft signed a statement pledging to support the military services of employees and advocate for employee participation in the military.
- Remembering Everyone Deployed (R.E.D): All employees are encouraged to show their support and gratitude for deployed service members by wearing red shirts on Fridays.
- Veteran of the Year Award: Each year, Sanford Health recognizes a veteran employee for the work he or she does to influence the lives of others. This award encompasses all Sanford Health locations and regions.
- Partners for Youth Success (PaYS): Sanford Health partners with the United States Army to guarantee young military members an interview and possible employment after their military service.
- Community Support for Veterans, Military Members, and their families:
Sanford Health works with a variety of organizations to support military families.
- Partnerships: American Legion, Disabled American Veterans, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, Hire Heroes USA, Military Officers Association of America, Order of the Purple Heart, Paralyzed Veterans of America, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Warriors Never Give Up
- Sponsorships: Legends for Kids—Folds of Honor, Sanford International—Veterans VIP Tent, South Dakota Veterans Cemetery, USS South Dakota Commissioning Ceremony, Wings of Valor
Interested in joining Sanford’s team of passionate professionals? Check out their great career opportunities!