Enhanced internal process efficiency also among contributing factors to expanded mission capacity
Hire Heroes USA, the pre-eminent national nonprofit organization providing veteran employment services, today announced that it is experiencing more than 200 percent year-over-year growth in helping veterans and transitioning military launch successful civilian careers as increased donations have expanded its mission capacity.
“Thanks to the generous support of our individual and corporate donors, Hire Heroes USA has emerged as the best-in-class, national nonprofit organization within its category,” said Brian Stann, chief executive officer of Hire Heroes USA and former combat veteran. “We’re poised for another year of exceptional expansion of our vitally needed services due to the largest return of the military to civilian life since World War II.”
Today, more than 200 corporate employers have partnered with Hire Heroes USA to support veteran hiring. Other strategic relationships that have enabled the organization’s growth include grants from Call of Duty Endowment, the Schultz Family Foundation, the Walmart Foundation, in addition to an ongoing strategic partnership with the United Services Organization (USO).
Stann added that at Hire Heroes USA’s current funding, it has the capacity to provide in-depth and personalized assistance to 400 veterans and/or transitioning military and their spouses every week, but even at that level, the nonprofit often has to turn away requests for help in building resumes, preparing for job interviews, and learning effective networking techniques.
“There are big obstacles for veterans to find job opportunities that optimize their military training and experience. Government-sponsored military transition services are overwhelmed, and often returning combat veterans and separated military, whose services are no longer needed, receive inadequate guidance toward finding fulfilling careers in the civilian workforce,” explained Stann. “We provide a concierge experience for clients during the job search process, and have made great strides to create the most economically effective approach to this type of high-touch employment guidance.”
Based on recent analysis, Hire Heroes USA has validated that on average for every $1,300 in donations it receives, those dollars cover its costs to help a veteran find gainful employment. Two-thirds of individuals who contact the organization and get a resume built, get hired. Moreover, the nonprofit’s free services reduce the duration of veteran unemployment by half.
Other Hire Heroes USA productivity and momentum highlights:
- Experienced 139% growth in corporate donations and 145% growth in individual donations year-over-year;
- Recognized as among the highest rated nonprofit veteran services organizations with a 4-Star rating from Charity Navigator and a Platinum Star rating from GuideStar;
- Accelerated process efficiencies to the point that for every dollar donated to Hire Heroes USA, 83 cents go directly toward veteran employment programs;
- Doubled in organizational size in recent years and now operates out of eight offices nationwide;
- Added the following executives to its board of directors: David Sneed, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Delta Private Jets; and Joshua Weintraub, head of Residential Mortgage and Investing & senior managing director, Cerberus Capital Management.
Hire Heroes USA works with thousands of military members and veterans across all ranks, worldwide. Military members who are transitioning soon, veterans and military spouses are invited to register for free services at: hireheroesusa.org/get-registered/.
About Hire Heroes USA:
Headquartered just north of Atlanta, in Alpharetta, Ga., with seven additional branch offices around the country, Hire Heroes USA provides consistently effective, individualized career coaching services to transitioning military members, veterans and military spouses at a national level with an uncompromising focus on results. For more information about our mission, our services, and how to get involved, visit us online at hireheroesusa.org and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. For more information, please visit https://www.hireheroesusa.org.
(Press release also available on PRWeb: https://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/06/prweb13497425.htm)
- Valentine’s Day: Volunteer Spotlight on Jim and Ruth - February 14, 2019
- Hire Heroes USA Announces 30,000 Veterans Hired into Meaningful Jobs - February 1, 2019
- Volunteer Spotlight: Guy - January 16, 2019