Hire Heroes USA Featured Employer: Travelers
Travelers: A Military-Friendly Company
Travelers is a leading provider of property and casualty insurance with a rich history that dates back over 160 years. The company has always had a dedication to the country’s military community and is continually recognized as a Military Friendly® Employer by VIQTORY, publisher of G.I. Jobs, and as a company that is “Best for Vets” by Military Times.
“Those with a military background have delivered significant value to our business,” said Diane Bengston, Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer of Travelers. “We’re proud to support our veterans, guard members and reservists by offering employee programs and partnering with organizations that assist veterans in developing their careers.”
The company supports military service members in a number of ways, including:
Employee and community programs
- Since 2010, Travelers has supported American Corporate Partners, a national nonprofit focused on helping returning veterans discover their next career. The partnership has helped to create life-changing mentorships between Travelers employees and hundreds of post-9/11 veterans.
- The company’s Military and Veterans Diversity Network is a resource group open to all employees and dedicated to promoting veterans’ career development and building awareness of veterans’ skills and experiences. Since its launch in 2013, the network has grown to more than 2,800 members nationally.
Benefits for those on active duty
- The company provides full benefits and supplements employees’ military pay for the duration of their deployment, up to five years.
Lisa Kopitzke, a former Army Medic, now the Advanced Analytics Information Technology Center of Excellence Lead at Travelers, said, “In the active military, I was in the medical field, and there isn’t a day at Travelers that goes by that I don’t draw upon that skill set of helping others and growing in my leadership skills. I’m also proud to be a member of our Military and Veteran’s Diversity Network and can feel the immense backing of such a large, caring community.”
Travelers actively recruits transitioning service personnel for opportunities in a number of functions, including claim, customer service, investigations, information technology, nursing, risk control and underwriting. Learn more about employment opportunities with Travelers at careers.travelers.com/military.
- Volunteer Spotlight: Sara - January 13, 2022
- Hire Heroes USA breaks record, sets new standard for veteran employment services - January 10, 2022
- Hire Heroes USA Announces Addition of Chief Development Officer - January 7, 2022