ATLANTA (June 21, 2013) – MedAssets, Inc. and Hire heroes USA hosted its first annual 5K ‘Race for Heroes’ on Saturday morning, June 15, 2013 in Alpharetta, Georgia, and by all accounts it was an amazing success.
The event included more than 400 runners, 70 volunteers, and many family members and friends cheering from the sidewalks along the race course near the North Point Mall. Most important, over $100,000 was raised for Hire Heroes USA, which was more than double the original fundraising goal of $50,000.
“The funds raised will make a difference in the lives of others. It allows Hire Heroes USA to continue our mission of helping our returning service men and women successfully reintegrate into civilian life and civilian jobs,” said Brian Stann, Hire Heroes USA Chief Executive Officer. “On behalf of the entire Hire Heroes USA team, I want to thank our family and friends, and especially our many sponsors who contributed dollars and in-kind donations to make this event successful.”
Hire Heroes USA is dedicated to creating job opportunities for U.S. military veterans and their spouses through personalized employment training and corporate engagement. With the $100,000+ in charitable contributions from the 5K ‘Race for Heroes,’ Hire Heroes USA will be able to provide 20 days of service delivery, including:
- 5 Warrior Transition Workshops with a total of 75 participants
- 130 professionally-revised resumes
- 785 career counseling sessions
- 50 confirmed hires between our online services and Warrior Transition Workshops
Since the Spring of 2008, Hire Heroes USA has:
- Revised and returned to veterans nearly 3,500 professional-quality resumes that translated military experience into transferable job skills
- Conducted 80 Warrior Transition Workshops at 25 different military installations, assisting 1,100 wounded, ill, or injured troops and spouses
- Helped more than 1,000 veterans/spouses achieve employment
About Hire Heroes USA
Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Alpharetta, GA., Hire Heroes USA is a national, nonprofit organization dedicated to creating job opportunities for US military veterans and their spouses through personalized employment training and corporate engagement. Hire Heroes USA has gained national recognition for its comprehensive “recruitment to placement” continuum of veteran assistance and corporate engagement, resulting in one veteran confirmed hired every day. For more information, please visit http://www.hireheroesusa.org and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
MedAssets (NASDAQ: MDAS) partners with healthcare providers to improve their financial strength by implementing revenue cycles, spend and clinical resource management solutions that help capture revenue, control cost, improve margins and cash flow, increase regulatory compliance, and optimize operational efficiency. MedAssets serves more than 4,200 hospitals and 122,000 non-acute healthcare providers. The company currently manages more than $50 billion in supply spend and touches over $365 billion in gross patient revenue annually through its revenue cycle solutions. The company’s stock trades on the NASDAQ OMX National Market under the symbol MDAS. For more information, go to www.medassets.com.
Hire Heroes USA
- Valentine’s Day: Volunteer Spotlight on Jim and Ruth - February 14, 2019
- Hire Heroes USA Announces 30,000 Veterans Hired into Meaningful Jobs - February 1, 2019
- Volunteer Spotlight: Guy - January 16, 2019