Gather the following documents and put them into your portfolio:
- The job description or advertisement
- Copies of your resume and cover letter
- A list of professional references and/or letter of recommendation prepared on a separate sheet of paper. Be sure to have complete names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses so that the employer can easily contact your references.
- Examples of your work, such as writing samples, project summaries, graphic designs, etc.
- Research on the company. Look up the company website or get a copy of the company’s Annual Report. Perform an internet search to learn about company news and industry trends. Review the information carefully and make some notes to take with you on the interview.
Be sure to:
- Find out the exact location of your interview and know your route to ensure that you will arrive 15 minutes early and not 20 minutes late.
- Review your documents again the night before the interview as a refresher.
- Review our Top 10 Interview Questions. Practice your answers with a friend, family member, in the car, or in front of a mirror.
Latest posts by hhusa (see all)
- Valentine’s Day: Volunteer Spotlight on Jim and Ruth - February 14, 2019
- Hire Heroes USA Announces 30,000 Veterans Hired into Meaningful Jobs - February 1, 2019
- Volunteer Spotlight: Guy - January 16, 2019