Hire Heroes USA is fortunate to have devoted volunteers from across the country who are making a real difference in the lives our clients’ and their families. The majority of our volunteers participate in remote opportunities. This means you can volunteer with Hire Heroes USA from the comfort of your home or office. Most opportunities are scheduled as needed, so there is no requirement to set aside a certain number of hours every week. For more information, check out our FAQ or get started by filling out the Hire Heroes USA Volunteer Application.
- Mock Interviews: Help a veteran or military spouse to successfully prepare for job interviews. You will conduct a mock phone interview asking typical interview questions, as if you were conducting a real interview, and then provide honest and friendly feedback about what they did well and opportunities for improvement.
- Career Counseling: Speak with job-seeking veterans and military spouses about specific needs or interests related to their job search. The conversation could include topics such as networking strategies, knowledge sharing specific to an industry or position, or general career planning.
- Guiding Federal Sector Applicants: Speak with veterans and military spouses who are interested in working for the federal government. You could provide advice on the USA Jobs portal, what a federal resume should look like, interviewing for a federal position and/or any general tips for federal applications.
- Fundraising: We welcome and encourage volunteers who wish to plan and conduct an independent event with proceeds benefiting Hire Heroes USA’s mission. A special event can be as small as asking for donations in lieu of gifts at a party or wedding; or a larger community event like a carnival, 5K, bike ride or sports tournament. We are happy to help promote your event through our website, e-newsletters and various social media channels.
- Photography: We are in need of volunteer photographers to take professional headshot photos of veterans and military spouses at Hire Heroes USA Employment Workshops. Photographers can also help by attending any of our events and taking photos.
- Outreach: Support our Transition Specialists by conducting follow-up with veterans and military spouses to learn how they are doing in their job search process. Volunteers must agree to a background check for this opportunity and will receive additional training on documentation procedures.
Ready to get started?