In 2015, Hire Heroes USA conducted 100 employment workshops, including four with U.S. troops stationed in Germany and England. In total, these workshops prepared 1,480 military members, veterans and their spouses for their transition into the civilian workforce. Most of our workshops are conducted in partnership with the USO, which has recognized Hire Heroes USA as a Best-In-Class Partner.
Warrior Transition Workshops
Warrior Transition Workshops are delivered in collaboration with USO Warrior and Family Care and USO of North Carolina, and are geared towards active duty service members and their spouses who will soon transition into civilian life. During the two-day workshops, service members:
- Identify post-military financial requirements and veteran benefits
- Develop a post-military strategic plan
- Write a resume that effectively conveys their previous experience and value proposition to potential employers
- Learn effective job search, application, and interviewing techniques
- Receive coaching on the importance of networking and how best to achieve results
If you are a transitioning service member or spouse who wants to attend a Warrior Transition Workshop, please see our calendar of events below and press the “Click Here to Register” button. Alternatively, you may contact your local installation Transition Coordinator or Elda Auxiliaire with the USO at email@example.com.
Veteran Employment Workshops
Veteran Employment Workshops are hosted in conjunction with Corporate Partners and focus on veterans already in the workforce who want to polish their career search techniques. During the one-day workshops, veterans:
- Learn how to leverage personal networks to achieve employment goals
- Practice effective and proven interviewing techniques
- Engage industry leaders in a 3-5 person panel about networking, trends and interviewing skills
- Participate in a networking event with hiring managers and talent acquisition professionals
If you are a veteran or spouse who wants to attend a workshop, please see our calendar of upcoming workshops below. To register, simply click the button that says “Click Here to Register.” If you have any questions, contact Hire Heroes USA toll free at (844) 634-1520, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm EST, or via email. *Denotes a Veteran Employment Workshop.
|April 26-27||Fort Benning, GA|
|May 3-4||Washington, DC (SPOUSE ONLY)|
|May 10-11||Fort Hood, TX|
|May 10-11||Camp Pendleton, CA|
|May 10-11||San Antonio, TX|
|May 17-18||Fort Eustis, VA|
|May 24-25||Norfolk, VA|
|May 24-25||Fort Dix, NJ|